This innovative degree program offered at University of Southern California provides students with an integrated education experience, including modern theories and practical experiences, to acquire this knowledge systematically so that they can accomplish these phases efficiently.
Developing new products is the essence of human intelligence in general, and engineering professions in particular. The growth of our economy has been largely determined by the engineer's performance and effectiveness in new product developments. The ever-increasing demands for product functions, coupled with low cost, high quality, and short lead-time requirements, have made product development a very complex and inter-disciplinary activity. The recent high-tech revolutions and stringent environmental concerns have further contributed to the complexity of modern product development. There exists a great human resource need in the areas of new product developments.There are three interrelated disciplines in product development: art, management, and engineering. The M.S. in Product Development Engineering program focuses on the engineering discipline, ranging from technology to systems. From the engineering viewpoint, product development can be seen as a process from invention, design, planning, production, to service phases. Three types of knowledge are needed for an engineer to go through these phases:
- knowledge to generate new product ideas
- knowledge to evaluate these ideas
- knowledge to structure and manage the development process.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Project Management
- Management of Engineering Teams
- Engineering Economy
- Modern Enterprise Systems
- Design of Experiments
- Quality Management for Engineers
- Advanced Statistical Aspects of Engineering Reliability
- Systems Engineering Theory and Practice
- Economic Analysis of Engineering Projects.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Design General Engineering & Technology View 172 other Masters in Project Management in United States
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, math or hard science from a regionally-accredited university.
- Satisfactory cumulative undergraduate GPA (grade point average)
- Satisfactory GRE test scores. All scores must be officially reported to the university directly by ETS.
- Satisfactory performance in previous coursework related to the intended major.
- All applicants must complete and submit the USC Online Application.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- GRE General Test: Satisfactory scores less than five years old.
- Letters of Recommendation (3 Highly Recommended)
- Statement of Purpose (Required).
International2005 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2005 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National2005 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2005 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.