Because all manufacturing involves chemical transformations in one way or another, chemical engineers are employed in virtually all manufacturing industries, from the basic chemical, materials, energy, food, pharmaceutical and microelectronics industries to the myriad consumer products industries.
University of Southern California students in the MS in Materials Science program will take a number of advanced courses in key fundamental chemical engineering areas such as transport phenomena, applied mathematics, thermodynamics, kinetics and reaction engineering. In addition, students will select a number of electives courses to develop knowledge and expertise in specialized fields such as energy engineering, materials engineering, bioengineering, environmental engineering, engineering design, and control management.
- Materials Science
- Materials Behavior and Processing
- Materials Characterization
- Fracture Mechanics and Mechanisms
- Materials Science Seminar
- Materials Selection
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Materials and Processes.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 215 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- All applicants must complete and submit the USC Online Application.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- GRE General Test: Satisfactory and valid test scores. Valid GRE scores must be dated within five years of the start of the intended application semester.
- Letters of Recommendation (3 Required): Letters of recommendation should be from faculty or others (supervisors, professional colleagues, etc.) qualified to evaluate your potential for graduate study.
- Statement of Purpose (Required).
International2005 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2005 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National2005 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2005 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.