Students in the program are typically interested in pursuing enhanced professional competence, career advancement, leadership roles, advocacy and systems change, or preparation for doctoral-level study. Students do not need to have an undergraduate degree in special education (or education) to be successful in the master's degree, however, should be motivated to develop a deeper understanding of the field of special education.
The M.Ed. degree program does not prepare students for teacher licensure; however, some of the coursework required for the degree may count toward licensure. Students interested in both licensure and a M.Ed. degree will need to apply and be fully admitted into both the master's degree and the non-degree graduate licensure preparation program.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Special Education program from the Kent State University will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of research applications in special education.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues in special education
- Demonstrate mastery of special education concentration (e.g., transition, mild/moderate, deaf education) content.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues In Special Education
- Legal And Policy Foundations Of Special Education
- Research Applications In Special Education
- Ethics In Professional Practice
- Statistics For Educational Services
- Program Evaluation
- Orientation And Ethics: Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline- At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesSpecial Education Translation & Interpreting View 645 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
International21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21952 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21952 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11766 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.