The Intelligence and National Security Studies graduate program at University of Texas El Paso is also suitable for students interested in security-related jobs in the private sector or with applied research institutions (think tanks). The INSS graduate program is also ideal preparation for advanced graduate study at the doctoral level in international relations, political science, public administration, public policy, history, or other closely related fields. The INSS graduate curriculum focuses on specific intelligence and security competencies that are delivered across the spectrum of academic disciplines at the University of Texas at El Paso.
The Master of Science in Intelligence and National Security Studies is designed primarily to prepare students for careers as intelligence professionals, particularly analytical positions. Our students are also well prepared to work in related areas such as intelligence operations and support. Some of our students also find work in law enforcement and homeland security, as well in the private sector as security professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Issues in Intelligence and National Security
- Open Source Intelligence Analysis
- Propaganda and Influence Operations
- Technical Intelligence
- Intelligence and Counterterrorism
- Information and Intelligence
- Commercial Imagery
- Intelligence and Counter-proliferation
- Counterintelligence and Security
- Political Economy of Terrorism
- Transnational Criminal Organizations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 242 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- Resume / CV
- Diploma certificate
- Completion and submission of a graduate admissions application.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstration of academic achievement and potential as indicated by the results of the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- A brief statement of purpose (1-2 pages) that addresses educational and career goals and reasons for pursuing the MS degree.
- Three academic letters of recommendation from university faculty who can evaluate your ability to succeed in a rigorous graduate program.
International17102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17102 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National17102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17102 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7508 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.