Important elements of our program include the atmosphere of active research programs, state-of-the-art facilities, good advising, high quality challenging courses, the opportunity to talk with many well-known visiting scientists, and an active residential campus.
The Department of Chemistry is affiliated with two graduate programs: the Ph.D in Photochemical Sciences and the M.S. in Chemistry at the Bowling Green State University. The doctoral Photochemical Sciences program is overseen collaboratively with the Center for Photochemical Sciences.
Upon completion of the graduate degree, students in Chemistry are expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply quantum mechanical methods to predict observable properties for molecular motions including translation, rotation and vibration.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze molecular electronic wave functions to characterize bonding and stability.
- Demonstrate an active knowledge of fundamentals of organic reaction mechanisms and methods for their elucidation, analyzing the mechanism and understand the mechanistic diagrams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of selected topics of physical organic chemistry including stereochemistry principles, and interpret the application of reactive intermediates in chemistry.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze a wide variety of spectral data to determine an unknown molecule’s composition and structure.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate previous scientific conclusions as they apply to a new area of investigation.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate original scientific findings.
The University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- Bowling Green State University programs leading to licensure, certification and/or endorsement, whether delivered online, face-to-face or in a blended format, satisfy the academic requirements for those credentials set forth by the State of Ohio.
- Requirements for licensure, certification and/or endorsement eligibility vary greatly from one profession to another and from state to state. The Chemistry program does not lead to professional licensure.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry View 586 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Graduate Application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official or notarized copies of transcripts from all institutions where degrees were earned (showing dates when the degrees were conferred) and diplomas from international institutions must be submitted.
- Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, OAE) may be required.
- Programs may also require recommendations, a statement of purpose, a resume, and other documents.
International10119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10119 USD per year during 12 months.
National10119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10119 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6124 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6124 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.