Study in Ukraine
Higher education in Ukraine has a centuries-old history, national traditions and high prestige in the world. Higher education in Ukraine provides developed training, scientific and social infrastructure and is ready to give equal opportunities to international students. Study courses are offered at different levels of education. A wide range of proficiency improvement courses and advanced courses are available.
The system of higher education in Ukraine has a flexible structure, corresponds to modern trends and tendencies to those in advanced countries recognized by UNESCO, UN Organization and many other international organizations. In order to stimulate the application of general European educational standards, cooperation has gained depth with the Council of Europe, UNESCO, and other international organizations that work under the TEMPUS program.
Over one thousand occupational schools offer over 800 professional specializations. Students may choose among 313 (220 state and 93 private) universities, academies, and institutes as well as 658 (589 state and 69 private) educational institutions with first or second degree of accreditation. 500 educational institutions can offer supplementary education and the improvement of qualifications.
Higher education system
Since 1992, the whole system of Ukrainian post-secondary education has been regarded as "Higher Education".
According to the "Law on Education" of higher education, Ukraine has several categories of higher educational institutions, which correspond, as a rule, to different levels of accreditation:
- Level I - Vocational Training Schools;
- Level II - Technical Secondary Schools and Colleges;
- Level III - Universities, Academies, Institutes.
The levels of accreditation represent the hierarchy of degrees according to the qualification of graduates: Junior Specialist, Bachelor, Specialist and Master.
The higher educational institutions of III-IV levels of accreditation in Ukraine include over 180 state ones. About 40% of school-leavers have the opportunity to get higher education.General application requirements
Prospective students who wish to attend a university in Ukraine should first file the university Application Form
Here is the list of Documents and information required to get official invitation letter:
- Name, Surname, middle name;
- Citizenship, country of residence;
- Date & place of birth, sex;
- Passport number and validity (date of issue & expiry);
- Permanent address, where you stayed last 6 months, mobile number, e-mail address;
- Name of the Country where you are going to obtain your visa;
- Scan copy of the international passport (pages with the photograph, date of birth and passport validity (date of issue & expiry).
- Scan copy of mark-sheets and certificate of Higher Secondary Education.
- The copy of birth certificate signed by a notary;
- Medical certificate that states you have no health problem or infectious diseases.
Prospective students for Master’s and Doctor’s programmes should present a Bachelor diploma or a Master diploma, respectively. Every year application for official invitation letter is accepted from the first week of April to the first week of November. Before applying make sure you ask for detailed application information from the university international office.
Find more information about the admission process in Ukrainian universities.
State academic structure
The structure of State higher education in Ukraine is:
- Universities (classical, technical & technological, economic, medical, agrarian, pedagogical, P.T. & sports, military, internal affairs);
- Academies (law, technical & technological, economic, medical, agrarian, culture & arts, military, internal affairs
- Institutes (technical & technological, economic, medical, agrarian, pedagogical, law, culture & arts, P.T. & sports, military, internal affairs).
Staff & students
Higher educational institutions possess powerful scientific and teaching potential. Scientific and teaching staff accounts about 80, 000 persons; among them - 4, 500 doctors of science, 33, 000 candidates of science, more than 5,000 professors and around 27, 000 assistant professors.
Graduates of higher educational institutions who have outstanding inclinations for scientific-research work have an opportunity to continue their studies at the post-graduate and doctorate course.
The vast network of post-graduate courses on different majors satisfies the needs in highly qualified specialists for different branches of industry, economics, science, culture and education. Training is carried out for 20 branches of science and 366 majors and it includes all the branches of training of the specialists of high qualification. There are 16,000 post-graduate students and around 1, 000 persons working for a doctor's degree. Training on majors, which determine the reform processes in the country (economics, law, social and political studies) is expanded now.
Russian language courses in UkraineFind a wide selection of Russian language courses offered in Ukraine in order to meet Russian language requirements for university admission. Compare all types of language learning options in Russian language schools in Ukraine , from general or intensive Russian lessons, exam preparation Russian classes, business Russian courses, teacher training, and more. Select one of the diverse Russian class options in main cities in Ukraine:
- Russian language courses in Kyiv
- Russian language courses in Odessa