When Dublin Business School was first established in 1975 it was known as Accountancy and Business College and provided evening courses for students preparing for the examinations of the professional accounting bodies. Success and a growing reputation in this field led to the school expanding its operations to offer full and part-time accounting, marketing and banking courses.
Through a combination of workshops, one-to-one advice and employer events, our dedicated careers service will help you focus your ambitions on realistic career goals. You will learn valuable skills including how to conduct efficient and productive job searches.Our services are available throughout your time at DBS and beyond, giving you support whenever you need it.
Offer information, advice and support to all students of the College, be it accommodation, financial, J1 visa advice or study problems
• Facilitate the personal and academic development of the student
• Offer a variety of support from personal advice to organising sports teams
• Place an emphasis on empowering the student and facilitating their development.
• Provide an interface between staff and students
• Provide a forum for student input into academic and administrative matters
• Provide a channel for information to be passed on to students
• Finally, Student Services provides a public face for the College both to students and those outside the College
BlackArch manage two superb developments of high quality student accommodation in central Dublin. All blocks are within ten minutes’ walk from Dublin’s City Centre. BlackArch student apartments offer comfortable, modern living in vibrant City Centre locations. BlackArch have accommodation for over 200 students during the academic year.
The majority of the apartments cater for three students sharing. Each bedroom is equipped with a single bed; some have a wash hand-basin, a bed-side shelf, wardrobe, desk, chair, desk lamp and a waste paper bin. The rooms are either fully carpeted or have wooden floors. Each three bedroom apartment has one main bathroom, including wash hand-basin, WC and shower. Each four/six bedroom apartment has two main bathrooms. Disabled accessible apartments are provided with en suite disabled accessible bathrooms, one single bed, a bedside shelf, wardrobe, desk, chair and desk lamp and a waste paper bin. The rooms are fully carpeted.
Since 1975 DBS has established itself as a leading third-level institution in Ireland. The following milestones in its development have been of immense significance in this recognition.
- Recognised as a Designated Institution under the NCEA Act in 1992
- Became an institution with accredited provision status of Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) in 1995
- Recognised as an Associate College of Henley in 1996
- Courses approved for tax purposes by the Department of Education in 1997
- Approved for inclusion on the CAO listing in 1998
Together with the ISIC Association and British Council IELTS, StudyPortals offers you the chance to receive up to £10000 to expand your horizon and study abroad. We want to ultimately encourage you to study abroad in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages.