Aims and Objectives
This is an innovative programme with an integrated delivery from end-to-end covering a wide range of data analytics topics. The Data Analytics programme at Dublin Business School aims to develop learners' knowledge of the theory and practice of Data Analytics necessary for them to secure employment and perform at postgraduate level in the areas of ICT /Data Analytics in a broad range of commercial, industrial and public sector environments. Graduates will have an in-depth knowledge of the practical and theoretical aspects of data analytics. The programme enables and supports learners in developing critical analytical skills and in applying theoretical concepts to the practice of data analytics.
The specific Data Analytics programme aims are as follows:
- To enable learners to develop expert knowledge and analytical skills in current and developing areas of analysis statistics, and machine learning.
- To provide learners with a deep and systematic knowledge of business and technical strategies for data analytics and the subsequent skills to implement solutions in these areas.
- To facilitate the development by the learner of applied skills that are directly complementary and relevant to the workplace.
- To identify and develop autonomous learning skills for the learner.
- To develop in the learner a deep and systematic understanding of current issues of research and analysis
- To enable the learner to identify, develop and apply detailed analytical, creative, problem solving and research skills.
- Provide the learner with a comprehensive platform for career development, innovation and further study.
DBS Degree, Postgraduate Higher Diploma and Masters programmes are accredited by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI).
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Programming for Data Analysis, Processing and Visualisation
- Statistics for Data Analytics
- Data Storage Solutions for Data Analytics
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 27 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Ireland
- A minimum Second Class Level 8 Honours Degree (2.2) in a cognate discipline from a recognised third level institution or equivalent.
- In addition, for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken their undergraduate degree through English the following is required:
- The minimum requirement for a non-native English speaker is greater or equal to B2+ in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages for admission. Non-EU applicants, resident s outside Ireland/EU, must apply directly to the International Admissions Office at DBS.
International12500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8900 EUR per year during 12 months.
- Part-time EU students: 5,500 EUR per annum for two years
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.