This Master of Science in Business Analytics program from Dublin Business School has been developed with the aim of providing learners with the knowledge, skills and research capability to critically analyse, implement and evaluate big data concepts and techniques in order to generate valuable insights, thereby assisting with strategic business decisions, increasing productivity, profitability and an organisation’s value and market share.
The programme is constructed as a one year full-time or two year part-time programme of nine taught modules of 65 ECTS and a research project of 25 ECTS, leading to an award of Master of Science in Business Analytics.
Aims and Objectives
This new programme aims to provide learners with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to critically analyse, evaluate and implement big data concepts and techniques in order to generate valuable business insights. These insights will inform strategic business decisions designed to increase productivity, profitability and an organisation’s value and market share.
It has been designed with an integrated delivery from end‐to‐end covering a wide range of business strategy, analytics and technology topics whilst providing a focus on application and the regulation required in this area.
There is a global shortage of the skilled professionals required to fill direct high-end jobs in this area and the report, Assessing the Demand for Big Data and Analytics Skills, identifies measures to build up the Big Data and analytics talent pool in Ireland over the period up to 2020 in line with enterprise demand.
The 21,000 potential job opportunities for skilled professionals could arise under the report’s high growth scenario, from both expansion and replacement demand in the period up to 2020 - comprising 3,630 for deep analytical roles and 17,470 for big data savvy roles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming for Analytics
- Requirements Analysis and Software Engineering
- Data Analytics and Machine Learning
- Data Mining
- Business Intelligence and Visualisation
- Decision Modelling and Project Management
- Financial and Business Analytics
- Business Strategy
- Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics View 12 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The minimum requirement for admission to this programme is a minimum second class Level 8 honours bachelor degree in a cognate area (e.g. computer science, IT, science, mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, business (including quantitative methods), maths and management information systems, OR a non-cognate Level 8 honours bachelors award with three to five years’ experience in analytics.
- In addition, for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken their undergraduate degree through English the following is required:
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part Time EU/EEA: 5,500 EUR per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.