Aims and Objectives
This new Business Analytics programme from Dublin Business School aims to provide learners with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to critically analyse, evaluate and implement big data concepts and techniques in order to generate valuable business insights. These insights will inform strategic business decisions designed to increase productivity, profitability and an organisation’s value and market share.
It has been designed with an integrated delivery from end-to-end covering a wide range of business strategy, analytics and technology topics whilst providing a focus on application and the regulation required in this area.
Overall, the programme aims to create in learners a critical understanding of core business analytics and strategic business management, while also enhancing the research capability and practical technical skills of the learners.
The specific programme objectives are to:
- Enable learners to develop in-depth knowledge and critical awareness of the current and developing business analytics field.
- Provide learners with a deep and systematic understanding of research and analysis relating to business analytics.
- Provide learners with specialised technical knowledge of the management of data and the mining of data to provide insights into business propositions/solutions/ strategy.
- Equip learners with advanced skills directly complementary and relevant to the business analytics workplace.
There is a global shortage of the skilled professionals required to fill direct high-end jobs in this area and the report, Assessing the Demand for Big Data and Analytics Skills, identifies measures to build up the Big Data and analytics talent pool in Ireland over the period up to 2020 in line with enterprise demand.
The 21,000 potential job opportunities for skilled professionals could arise under the report’s high growth scenario, from both expansion and replacement demand in the period up to 2020 - comprising 3,630 for deep analytical roles and 17,470 for big data savvy roles.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Requirements Analysis
- Programming for Analytics
- Applied Statistics and Machine Learning
- Business Strategy
- Project Management for Business Analytics
- Financial and Business Analytics
- Data Mining
- Business Intelligence and Visualisation
- Applied Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 15 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum requirement for admission to this programme is a minimum second class Level 8 honours bachelor degree in a cognate area (e.g. computer science, IT, science, mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, business (including quantitative methods), maths and management information systems, OR a non-cognate Level 8 honours bachelors award with three to five years’ experience in analytics.
In addition, for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken their undergraduate degree through English the following is required:
- The minimum requirement for a non-native English speaker is greater or equal to B2+ in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages for admission. Non‐EU applicants, residents outside Ireland/EU, must apply directly to the International Admissions Office at DBS. Further details regarding Non‐EU learners can be found in the DBS Quality Assurance Handbook (QAH).
International13500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8900 EUR per year during 12 months.
- Part Time EU/EEA: 5,500 EUR per year
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.