This rigorous 10-month program provides a thorough foundation for teaching and pairs challenging coursework with student teaching across the school year to support candidates in developing the disposition,knowledge,and experience to thrive in diverse school settings.
The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program in Science Education at the University of Pittsburgh offers students a rigorous course of instruction in grades 7-12, combining methodological course-work and practical experience in a full-year internship in a public-school classroom. Capstone courses that support learning from teaching culminate in a reflective teaching portfolio and project.
- Alumni of the Master of Arts in Teaching Science Education (7-12) program are employed as high school and middle school science teachers in public and independent schools in Pittsburgh, across Pennsylvania, and around the country.
- As they gain experience, some of our graduates have become teacher leaders and coaches and have returned to obtain leadership degrees such as the practice-based EdD in STEM Education or educational research-focused degrees such as a PhD in Science Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Our program is focused on research-based best practices that support all children to learn and is committed to fostering practices that further social justice.
- Candidates graduate satisfying the requirements to earn a Pennsylvania Instructional I Certificate and a Master of Arts in Teaching degree.
- In our program, students select one of the following areas of specialization in science: Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Space Science, General Science, or Physics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Rolling; Priority given to applications received by January 15.
DisciplinesEducation View 3549 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications are submitted through the Pitt Education Online Application Form
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) to be paid by credit card
- Your online application must include (a.) a Goal statement, (b.) your resume or curriculum vita, and (c.) contact information for three academic or professional contacts to later be invited to provide letters of recommendation
International39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State23530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23530 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.