Strong emphasis is placed on developing relationships with the families of young children and working collaboratively with other professionals.
The program in Early Childhood Education at the University of Pittsburgh offers a range of coursework encompassing the needs of infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and children in the primary grades.
Through coursework, field placements, and practical learning experiences, students develop competence in the use of developmentally appropriate practices in diverse contexts and settings.
- Preschool teacher, caregiver, private school teacher, work with children in varied community agencies.
- Professional development trainer, and early education policy development, among other related careers.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Language And Literature For The Young Child
- Integrated Art & Music In Elementary School
- Math/science Instruction For Young Learners
- Math And Science Methods
- Teaching Infants, Toddlers And Preschoolers
- Reading/writing Methods
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Rolling—priority given to applications received before January 15.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3575 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications are submitted through the Pitt Education Online Application Form
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 (USD) to be paid by credit card
- Your online application must include (a.) a Goal statement, (b.) your resume or curriculum vita, and (c.) contact information for three academic or professional contacts to later be invited to provide letters of recommendation
International40894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40894 USD per year during 24 months.
National40894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40894 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State24118 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24118 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.