The degree program in Applied Statistics at the University of Pittsburgh provide training in applied statistics and consulting, as well as in the theory of statistics pertinent to applications.
In addition, students are required to study an approved area outside of statistics at the graduate level. Possible areas include numerical analysis, biostatistics, education, economics, sociology, psychology, biology, business, bioinformatics, computer science, mathematical finance, and many others.
While both MA and MS are valid options, admission to MS is rare. Almost all of our current Applied Statistics master students are in Master of Arts (nonthesis option).
- Statistics has become one of the most attractive technical skills in industry and there is so much demand from students to get more training in statistics.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that employment for high-level statisticians has tripled – from 28,000 positions to 74,000 – from 2010 to 2016.
- National Center for Education Statistics data show that masters and doctorates in statistics have seen triple-digit growth since 2000.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research and Thesis for MS Degree
- Statistics Seminar
- Teaching Seminar
- Modern Data Analysis for Research Workers
- Applied Statistical Methods
- Categorical Data Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 412 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Fee: $75 check or payment voucher if you choose to pay your application fee by credit card.
- Transcripts: Upload copies of your undergraduate transcripts and when applicable, graduate transcripts, with your online application.
- Career Statement/statement of purpose.
- Three forms/letters of recommendation: You should submit the names of three referees with your online application for admission. The recommendation form we ask to be included with each letter of recommendation is available for download as a PDF file once you begin your online application process. Referees should submit their recommendations electronically.
- GRE Scores.
International39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National39898 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39898 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State23530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23530 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.