Approximately 35 courses that constitute the department's regular graduate curriculum are offered either annually or biennially. They are supplemented by an ongoing sequence of special-topic courses reflecting research interests of the faculty.
The benefits of graduate study in Mathematics at the University of Pittsburgh:
- Ample opportunity to attain scientific excellence by working with an active and broad-based research faculty in diverse areas of pure and applied mathematics
- Numerous opportunities for leading-edge applied and interdisciplinary research via institutional links to the Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition, the Pittsburgh Supercomputer Center, the Bechtel-Bettis DOE research lab, the Institute for Mathematics and its Applications, and a full complement of science, engineering, and medical school departments
- Attractive financial aid packages for PhD students, including teaching assistantships, research assistantships, and fellowships
- Applied Elementary Number Theory
- Mathematical Cryptography
- Combinatorial Mathematics
- Classical Numerical Analysis
- Topics in Numerical Analysis
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 393 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $75 check or payment voucher if you chose to pay your application fee by credit card
- Official GRE scores from ETS are optional but strongly recommended.
- Students will be required to upload copies of their undergraduate transcripts and when applicable graduate transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation from evaluators who can address your potential for success in a graduate program in the mathematical sciences. The referee should use one of the following form: PDF. Evaluators have the option of submitting the letters online.
- A statement of purpose (intellectual and professional goals and a short essay on why you want to study in this department).
International42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 24 months.
National42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24962 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,003 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $1,728 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.