The Youth Development curriculum from Michigan State University is focused on the promotion of positive development of all young people. It is designed for individuals who wish to work in a variety of youth-related professions, including youth-serving organizations and programs such as Boys and Girls Clubs, community recreation specialties, youth programs sponsored by faith-based institutions, correctional professions, or within U.S. Extension Programs.
The College of Social Science, in collaboration with The Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (GPIDEA), offers this program with all course work delivered via the Internet/World Wide Web by faculty from multiple land-grant universities: Michigan State University, Kansas State University, University of Missouri, North Dakota State University, Texas Tech University, and the University of Nebraska.
Students will earn this degree from their home institution while also enrolling for courses at other participating institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Administration and Program Management
- Adolescents and Their Families
- Community Youth Development
- Contemporary Youth Issues
- Foundations of Youth Development
- Program Design, Evaluation, and Implementation
- Youth Development
- Youth in Cultural Contexts
- Youth Policy
- Youth Professionals as Consumers of Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Sociology View 49 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted, students must apply via their home institution and plan their course of study under the guidance of their academic advisor. Michigan State University students follow established University admission procedures.
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 24 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14144 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.