The Student Affairs Administration program from Michigan State University provides a broad perspective of higher education systems from social, historical, cross-national, and normative perspectives, an understanding of central issues in student affairs administration, and a connection of theory to practice. We expect graduates to be prepared to work in and cultivate educational environments that promote diversity and multiculturalism.
We strive to engage our students in relevant and intentional graduate and professional preparation, equipping them to understand theory, enhance practice, foster learning, and positively affect student affairs and higher education.
The Department of Educational Administration has been preparing leaders in education for over fifty years. Our graduates are leaders in public and higher education, research and policy centers, and other educational settings locally, nationally, and globally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Postsecondary Education
- Collegiate Contexts for Teaching and Learning
- The College Student Experience
- Student Affairs in Collegiate Settings
- Research and Assessment in Student Affairs
- Professional Development Seminar in Student Affairs
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3591 other Masters in Education in United States
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (students with a GPA lower than 3.0 may be admitted provisionally)
- References that showcase your academic ability and commitment to the field of student affairs
- Personal statement that addresses the following questions:
- What experiences led to your interest in pursuing a career in student affairs?
- What qualities, characteristics and skills do you possess that will make you a strong candidate for the SAA program?
- How will the SAA program at Michigan State help you meet your personal and professional goals?
- Professional or paraprofessional experience
- Proof of English language proficiency if English is not your first language.
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 60 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14144 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for East Lansing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.