The Materials Science and Engineering program of Rochester Institute of Technology explores a fascinating area of study that contributes solutions to challenges facing fields as diverse as energy, medicine, clothing, and sporting equipment. The program is designed to satisfy individual and industry needs in the rapidly growing field of materials. The materials science degree offers a serious interdisciplinary learning experience in materials studies, crossing over the traditional boundaries of such classical disciplines like chemistry, physics, and engineering.
The MS degree in materials science and engineering offered jointly by the College of Science and the Kate Gleason College of Engineering, is designed with a variety of options to satisfy individual and industry needs in the rapidly growing field of materials.
The objectives of the program are threefold:
- With the advent of new classes of materials and instruments, the traditional practice of empiricism in the search for and selection of materials is rapidly becoming obsolete. Therefore, the program offers a serious interdisciplinary learning experience in materials studies, crossing over the traditional boundaries of such classical disciplines like chemistry, physics, and electrical, mechanical, and microelectronic engineering.
- The program provides extensive experimental courses in diverse areas of materials-related studies.
- The program explores avenues for introducing greater harmony between industrial expansion and academic training.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Materials Science
- Theoretical Methods in Materials Science and Engineering
- Experimental Techniques
- Research & Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 222 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete a graduate application.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college in chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE.
International47522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 47522 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National47522 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 47522 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.