Students in the Master of Arts degree concentrate on the study of Literature in English; this course of study is designed to develop the skills associated with literary scholarship and criticism, as well as literary and cultural theory, thus serving persons who wish to continue beyond the master’s degree and those who wish to deepen their understanding of the critical and creative processes associated with the study of literature while pursuing or preparing for careers in other fields.
The graduate program in English at Michigan State University educates students for successful careers in English Studies, particularly as active scholars in institutions of higher learning. The M.A. degree provides advanced general training in English literature, theory, and criticism.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Studies
- Literary Critcism and Theory
- Topics in Comparative Literature
- Seminar in 19th-Century British Literature
- Seminar in 18th-Century British Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 941 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
To be considered for admission to the Master of Arts degree program in literature in English, an applicant must:
- Have the results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test forwarded to the department.
- Submit to the department a writing sample that reflects aptitude for critical and scholarly writing.
To be admitted to the program on regular status, an applicant must have:
- A baccalaureate degree in English or a related field.
- Completed a minimum of 20 semester credits in English courses, exclusive of freshman composition, with a grade–point average of at least 3.50.
- Completed two years of study in a foreign language at the college level.
International27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 12 months.
National27792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27792 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14144 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for East Lansing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.