State and Federal background checks are required for practicum/internship experiences and to apply for Counselor Trainee status. See the Practicum and Internship Coordinator for more information.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge in professional identity, social and cultural diversity; human growth and development, career development; helping relationships; group work, assessment; and research and program evaluation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the foundations of clinical mental health counseling or school counseling.
- Demonstrate curricular experiences in the contextual dimensions of community and school.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill requirements for clinical mental health counselors or school counselors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation and Ethics: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Orientation and Ethics: School Counseling
- Case Conceptualization and Treatment Planning
- Advanced Counseling Theories
- Supervision in Counseling
- School Counseling Practicum
- Practicum: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesSchool Counselling Counselling Psychology View 686 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Kent State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.000 graduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale (minimum 3.250 graduate GPA is recommended)
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Supplemental Interview Form
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.