The Intermedia MFA at The University of Maine is focused on the development and production in hybrid forms of art such as time-based media, digital and video art, installation, performance art, artists’ books and multiples, community-based social art practices, conceptual art, net art, generative art forms (algorithmic art forms), and other new forms that the students may generate from their own intermedial explorations.
- These new forms are however, not without grounding in, or connections to, traditional art forms in music, writing, performance studies, media studies, and the visual arts.
- Creative Concept Development
- Histories and Theories of Intermedia
- Topics in Media Production
- Topics in Technical Development
- Topics in Intermedia Theory / History
- Research Studio I: Critical Research Methods for Creative Production
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Media Studies & Mass Media View 645 other Masters in Design in United States
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
International29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
National29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9738 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.