Areas of concentration in the History MA at The University of Maine include U.S., Canadian, European, and Asian history; environmental history; the history of labor and immigration; women’s history; international and military history; the history of cartography; and spatial and digital history.
- MA, thesis option: 30 credit hours of course work in History, including HTY 647, a 600-level research seminar, a 500 and/or 600-level course outside of the student’s research area, Responsible Conduct Research, 5 thesis credits from HTY 699, and at least 15 credits (normally 5 courses) drawn from graduate and advanced undergraduate courses.
- History of U.S. Foreign Relations
- American Intellectual History
- American Political History
- American History to the Civil War
- American History from the Civil War to the Present
- Seminar in Premodern European History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Modern History View 325 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
International29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
National29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9738 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.