Epidemiology and the closely related field of biostatistics are core disciplines of public health and there continues to be a strong need for MPH professionals with expertise in these fields for both public and private health programs. The goal of this option at University of Massachusetts Lowell is to produce practitioners who have a solid grasp of the fundamental principles of epidemiology and health statistics including study design, data analysis, assessment of bias, control of confounders, and exposure assessment.
The Epidemiology focus area of the MPH will prepare graduates to:
- Conduct etiologic research for a wide array of different diseases;
- Design and operate surveillance systems and other databases gathering data on health and illness, as well as on risk factors and health behaviors; and
- Participate as team members in the design and conduct of disease prevention and health promotion programs
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Environmental Health
- Introduction to Epidemiology
- Health Policy and Management
- Toxicology and Health Data
- Introduction to Biostatistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 476 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Online Application form with signature.
- Felony Disclosure Form
- Certified copies of university academic transcripts and final degree certificate.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score ONLY).
- Three signed letters of reference – academic or professional.
- Statement of purpose (student’s full name clearly stated on each page).
- Original Bank Statement/Financial Documents (no older than 6 months), if the bank statements are not in student’s name, please provide a letter of support
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.