The multidisciplinary Biomedical Sciences - Pharmacology program from Kent State University enrolls a select group of graduate students interested in research-based careers in pharmacology, and provides a balance of classroom and laboratory work involving faculty at Kent State University and Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED). Strong research foci exist in the areas of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, neurodegenerative and blood brain barrier pharmacology. Interdisciplinary approaches to research and theoretical problems are strongly emphasized.
The M.S. degree in Biomedical Sciences–Pharmacology is offered in consortium with Cleveland Clinic and Northeast Ohio Medical University.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Publish their research in peer-reviewed journals
- Demonstrate the ability to teach undergraduate students
- Seek employment in fields that reflect their area of training
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioanthropological Data Analysis I
- Biological Statistics
- Cellular and Molecular Signaling
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Pharmacology Journal Review
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Biomedical Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Pharmacology View 64 other Masters in Pharmacology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000-point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- GRE general test scores (effective for spring 2023 admissions, the GRE will no longer be required)
- Goal statement indicating the applicant's interests in pharmacology and career aspirations
- Academic preparation adequate to complete graduate coursework in general chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, physics and physiology
- Three letters of recommendation
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.