Students develop advanced skills in communicating with adults, health assessment, treating common health problems, health teaching, and nursing interventions and evaluation. Adult-Gerontological Nursing degree is offered by University of Massachusetts Lowell.
The Adult-Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program's goal is to provide advance practice nursing education with focus on the management of health problems, research, leadership and health promotion among diverse populations.
Graduates of the master's program are prepared to:
- Practice in the advanced nursing role of the specialty
- Collaborate with individuals, families, peers and other professionals
- Effectively demonstrate leadership in the profession
The Baccalaureate, Master's and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs in Nursing at University of Massachusetts Lowell Solomont School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Family and Adult-Gerontological Advanced Practice Nursing
- Adult-Gerontological Nursing Practicum
- Adult Gerontological Nursing
- Scholarly Writing
- Geropsychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Applications received after the deadline, if there are openings, will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
DisciplinesNursing Health Administration Gerontology View 130 other Masters in Gerontology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing from an accredited program
- An undergraduate scholastic average of 3.0 or better
- An introductory course in statistics. Evidence of statistics course and grade should be on your transcript(s).
- License to practice nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and professional nursing experience. A copy of your current license must be included with the application materials.
- A resume
- Two letters of recommendation pertaining to academic ability and professional competency with one preferably from a Baccalaureate faculty member and others from professional supervisors
- A goal statement that briefly highlights relevant work history and immediate and long term professional goals as an advanced-practice nurse.
- Computer literacy
- Official transcripts from all college level degrees and coursework.
International30551 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30551 USD per year during 24 months.
National27650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27650 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State15576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15576 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lowell
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.