Graduate study in Civil and Environmental Engineering is an intensive program of instruction at University of Massachusetts Lowell at an advanced technical level. The program permits students to design, in consultation with their advisor, a plan of study that meets individual goals and career objectives. Program options include Environmental Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering and Transportation Engineering. Admission to a particular engineering option is open to applicants with undergraduate degrees in engineering, mathematics or science.
The degree requires successful completion of 30 credit hours of course work or 24 credit hours of instruction and a publishable thesis or 27 hours of course work and preparation of a project report. Successful completion of undergraduate prerequisite courses is required prior to registering for graduate courses. However, undergraduate prerequisites and selected graduate courses that do not have prerequisites may be taken during the first year of study with permission of the student's advisor.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Physical and Chemical Treatment Processes
- Physical and Chemical Hydrogeology
- Environmental Aquatic Chemistry
- Environmental Fate and Transport
- Biological Wastewater Treatment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 204 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Online Application form with signature.
- Felony Disclosure Form
- Certified copies of university academic transcripts and final degree certificate.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score ONLY).
- Three signed letters of reference – academic or professional.
- Statement of purpose (student’s full name clearly stated on each page).
- Original Bank Statement/Financial Documents (no older than 6 months), if the bank statements are not in student’s name, please provide a letter of support
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.