The Master of Health Administration prepares individuals for management positions in the health care field. The Department also participates in the Master of Public Health degree by offering a concentration in public health management and policy. These programs are described more fully in the General Information section of this catalog under the heading Specialized Graduate Degrees.
- The University of Florida Health Administration program develops engaged early health care careerists to use evidence-based strategies to improve healthcare quality, affordability, and access. We provide students with fundamental knowledge using a cohort model in a campus-based setting that emphasizes experiential learning and data-driven problem solving both in the classroom and in the practice environment.
- Students will develop proficiency to detect, analyze, manage and respond to critical administrative issues in both provider and non-provider healthcare organizations. Our program embraces ethical conduct and professionalism, diversity and inclusion, practitioner involvement and team-based learning. Faculty inform practice with research and service to the community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Health Care Finance
- Professional Skills Seminar
- U.S. Health Care System
- Introduction to Management of Health Services Organizations
- U.S. Health Insurance System
- Overview of U.S. Health Policy
- Advanced Health Care Finance
- Strategic Management in Health Administration
- Health Services Operations Management
- Information Management in Health Administration
- Human Resource Management for Health Services Managers
- Performance Management for Health Care Managers
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Administration
- Health Economics
- Internship in Health Administration
- Individual Study in Health Administration
- Capstone Seminar in Health Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 1590 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.