The Massachusetts Board of Public Accounting has classified MSA program at University of Massachusetts Lowell and deemed the program to be substantially equivalent to AACSB standards. Any student who earns a graduate degree in accounting from a Level 1 program is judged to have satisfied the educational requirements to take the CPA exam. Students who earn degrees from non-Level 1 programs must demonstrate that they have satisfied such educational requirements.
Therefore, our MSA program’s Level 1 status makes it easier for UMass Lowell accounting graduates to eventually become Certified Public Accountants (CPA).
The MSA will prepare graduates to succeed in a competitive environment and a respected profession, one whose members continue to be in high demand from public accounting firms, financial institutions, industry, government agencies, municipalities, schools and hospitals, and charitable organizations. Most courses are available online, and the program is open to either full-time or part-time students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intermediate Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Federal Income tax
- Governmental and Non-Profit Accounting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesAccounting View 543 other Masters in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score (GRE scores are not accepted).
- Three letters of recommendation from employment and/or academic sources.
- A résumé containing appropriate background information.
- A one-page essay highlighting academic and career goals.
- A score report for TOEFL with a 600 (paper based), 250 (computer based) or 100 (Internet based) minimum must be submitted if the applicant is a citizen of a non-English speaking country or has never earned a academic degree in the United States.
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.