The Center offers the Master of Arts (M.A.) thesis degree option, which requires the completion and defense of a thesis (30 credit hours), and the Master of Arts non-thesis degree option, which requires completion and defense of a project or paper (30 credit hours). All Master’s students take a core curriculum of 9 graduate credits (3 courses). For the thesis M.A., the remaining 21 hours consist of 15 credits of approved electives and 6 thesis credits. For the non-thesis M.A., 21 credits of approved electives are required.
University of Florida offers a number of Bachelor’s/Master’s programs for superior students. The university created combined degree programs to provide academically talented students an opportunity to complete both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in a shorter period of time.
The Women’s Studies program allows you to double-count graduate courses toward both degrees, thus reducing the time it would normally take to graduate by a semester or more. The combined-degree program reduces the cost of both degrees and enhances your marketability for career advancement.
Graduate courses in women’s studies are also available from the following academic units or programs:
- Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Counselor Education
- Journalism and Communication
- Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
- Latin American Studies
- Teaching and Learning
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Proseminar in Women's Studies
- Advanced Feminist Theory
- Independent Study
- Special Topics in Women's Studies
- Feminist Challenges to Disciplinary Paradigms
- Internship in Applied Women's Studies and Gender Research
- International Studies in Women's Studies and Gender Research
- Research for Master's Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Linguistics View 670 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.