- European archaeology
- Mediterranean archaeology
- science-based archaeology
- theoretical archaeology
You will develop an in-depth understanding of archaeology and its links with the historical, social and natural sciences, as well as the practice of archaeology within and outside an academic setting, incorporating skills and training.
The programme prepares you for a professional role in archaeology or further study at doctoral level.
Archaeology graduates can follow a variety of career options. The programme equips you to go on to advanced study, and also provides a solid foundation for a career. You will gain practical as well as academic experience, team working and analytical skills, and will be able to work in a variety of contexts.
Examples of career paths available to archaeology graduates (although some may require additional training) include:
- higher education
- heritage management and agencies
- commercial archaeology
- tourism industry
An archaeology degree does not restrict you to a career in archaeology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Archaeological Illustration
- Bronze Age Civilisations of the Near East and Greece
- Byzantine Archaeology: The archaeology of the Byzantine Empire and its neighbours AD 500-850.
- Principles of GIS for Archaeologists
- Archaeology of the Roman Economy
- Etruscan Italy, 1000 - 300 BC
- From Foraging to Farming: the Beginnings of Agriculture in the Mediterranean and Europe
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 151 other Masters in Archaeology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, a minimum US 3.25 GPA or international equivalent, in a subject related to this programme, preferably Archaeology or Classical Archaeology, or another degree in which Archaeology figures prominently (such as Anthropology in the case of applicants from the USA).
- We will also consider an undergraduate degree in some other subjects such as History, Classics, Ancient History, and Geography if your personal statement demonstrates how you are equipped to undertake the programme.
- Relevant experience, or professional or other qualifications will also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Home fees have still to be agreed
- International/EU: £12,650
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
If you live in the UK, you may be able to apply for a postgraduate loan from one of the UK’s governments.
The type and amount of financial support you are eligible for will depend on:
- your programme
- the duration of your studies
- your residency status
Programmes studied on a part-time intermittent basis are not eligible.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.