Research and Evaluation Methodology mission aligns with College of Education’s and University of Florida’s missions because it results in research strategies for knowledge discovery to solve critical educational and human problems in a diverse global community.
- Learn to evaluate educational programs, analyze educational data, develop assessment instruments, and conduct research about the efficacy of research methodologies.
- Work as an educational researcher, an educational data analyst, or a psychometrician (an expert in testing and assessment).
- Find jobs in testing companies; research and evaluation companies; research centers; and assessment centers at universities, school districts, and state and federal agencies.
- Complete a master’s degree (M.A.E. or M.Ed.) in two years or a Ph.D. in four years with classes focusing on research methodology, statistics applied to education, program evaluation, and psychometrics.
- We admit students with some undergraduate research experience. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds, including psychology, sociology, statistics, mathematics, mathematics education, political science, marketing, economics, and engineering.
- Assessment in General and Exceptional Student Education
- Educational Psychology: Human Development
- Educational Psychology: General
- Educational Psychology: Learning Theory
- Principles of Learning and Instructional Practice
- Educational Psychology: Personality Dynamics
- Quantitative Foundations of Education Research Overview
- Educational Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , Local
- It is strongly advised that international students apply at least 6 months before the date they intend to start the program.
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Research View 427 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- A recognized baccalaureate, graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution.
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree only, a minimum grade point average of B (3.0), calculated from all grades and credits after the semester where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours is required. Applicants should refer directly to their intended academic units for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) requirements. If required, academic test scores are used in the context of a holistic credential review process.
International30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
National30134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30134 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Gainesville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.