M.S. in Biomedical Sciences at Long Island University (LIU) pursue courses that examine normal and diseased states of the human body. Students choose one of the specializations - Molecular Immunology and Cancer Biology or Microbiology/Infectious Diseases. A student specializing in any one of the above has to take 4 core courses and 2 electives. Students have the option to complete 36-credits with a thesis or non-thesis option to enhance their program of study.
Students with the M.S. in Biomedical Sciences majored in any of the 4 majors mentioned above have been accepted into Ph.D. programs, medical schools, dental schools, PA programs, health administration, pharmaceutical companies and into basic and clinical research laboratories. These students are trained in several areas of Biomedical Sciences, including Cancer Biology, Hematology, Immunology, Microbiology and Molecular Techniques.
The department offers programs that are accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP), and Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Research Methods
- Introduction to Research
- Clinical Research Thesis
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Medical Microbiology
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Hematological Malignancies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We have rolling admissions. As an international student it is important to apply as soon as possible so that you have plenty of time to get your visa.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Microbiology View 169 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
- Official copies of your undergraduate and/or graduate transcripts from any college(s) or universities you have attended.
- Bachelor’s degree with an undergraduate G.P.A. of at least 3.0.
- Students who have not completed Biochemistry within the past 3 years, must take Biochemistry as part of their degree program. The minimum grade point average of 3.0 in the undergraduate major is required. A candidate whose credentials satisfy all of the above requirements as well as university admissions requirements may be accepted as a fully matriculated student.
- Students for whom English is a second language must submit official score results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International1274 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1274 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1274 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1274 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.