The Public Safety and Homeland Security Management degree at Southern Illinois University is designed for public safety professionals who possess a bachelor’s degree in public safety, fire services, or other related disciplines, and have extensive work experience in the public safety industry. Because the degree is available online and at off-campus locations only, students have the ability to earn credit while fulfilling work and other professional obligations.
The Master of Public Safety and Homeland Security Administration Degree is Designed to:
- Develop and expand the body of knowledge in the public safety, fire service, and emergency management disciplines.
- Enhance critical thinking and problem solving skills to diagnose, analyze, and provide solutions to complex public safety, fire service, and emergency management situations.
- Train executive and managerial leaders in public safety, fire service, and emergency management organizations.
- Provide the necessary credentials for career advancement in public safety, fire service, and emergency management fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Legal Administrative Law for Fire, Homeland Security, and Emergency Management
- Public Policy/Ethics in the Fire Service
- Fiscal/Financial Management in the Fire Service
- Disaster Preparedness and Crisis Management
- Public Management of the Fire Service
- Critical Issues in Homeland Security Management
- Strategic Planning in Fire, Homeland Security, and Emergency Management
- Dispute Resolution/Mediation/Negotiation in the Fire Service
- Practicum Exercise
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy Emergency & Disaster Management View 29 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
- 2.7 (on a grading scale with 4.0=A; approximately a "B-" average) on the last two years of Bachelor's coursework
- 3.0 on all previous graduate work (approximately a "B" average)
International35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35213 USD per year and a duration of 16 months.
National35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35213 USD per year and a duration of 16 months.
In-State14085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14085 USD per year and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.