With History from Saint Louis University you’ll become acquainted with all fields in the humanities, as well as developments in other disciplines, such as law, medicine, business and technology.
The wide-ranging skills that a student learns in the course of doing a master’s in history can be used not only in teaching and archival work but in government, foreign affairs, business, the law, the arts and a host of other professions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American History
- Byzantine History
- Early Modern European History
- Late Antique History
- Medieval European History
- Modern European History
- World History History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Modern History View 522 other Masters in History in United States
- Standardized test scores are considered as well as GPA and English proficiency (if applicable).
- The ordinary prerequisite is a B.A. in history (or at least 18 credits of successful work in upper-division courses in history), though students from other fields with strong backgrounds in history will also receive consideration.
- An official transcript of undergraduate record
- Recent GRE scores (the GRE Subject Test is not required). Scores need to be received by the application dates listed below.
- A current resume
- Three letters of recommendation assessing potential in graduate studies
- A letter of intent describing professional and intellectual goals, and interest in graduate studies.
- A 15- to 20-page writing sample which demonstrates competence in historical writing and analysis, and which may be an excerpt from a longer piece.
- Proof of financial support
International1190 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1190 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1190 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1190 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.