This MSc Clinical Pharmacy programme from Cardiff University offers you the opportunity to gain a Masters level qualification to develop you in your role as a clinical pharmacist.
What you'll study
The MSc in Clinical Pharmacy is a 180 credit level 7 qualification that has been designed to support your development as a pharmacist in your early career or if you are planning to change healthcare sector. Having completed the Postgraduate Clinical Pharmacy Diploma, by undertaking this masters programme, you will achieve a higher degree whilst you gain the knowledge, skills and professional values and behaviours a pharmacist needs to contribute effectively to the provision of healthcare.
Through completing this programme, you will learn how to address the complex health related challenges faced by patients and the population as a whole. You’ll develop a comprehensive understanding and critical awareness of your role as a pharmacist and that of the pharmacy profession in a changing healthcare environment. This will include an understanding of the structure, organisation and funding of the health service, how resources are managed and how services are deemed to be clinically and cost effective.
This programme will also support you to become a confident independent learner and critical thinker and will embed the principles of quality improvement and using research to develop an evidence base. You’ll be supported to enhance your consultation and communication skills and to make decisions in complex clinical situations that may be acute or chronic. This will include an understanding of risk and how it can be managed or mitigated through appropriate quality management and clinical governance frameworks. You will embed the principles of shared decision making and multidisciplinary team-working in your practice.
Careers and placements
The course offers knowledge and expertise required by a clinical pharmacist to input optimally into patient care. It integrates a traditional academic course with your everyday role, with the aim of developing vital skills and knowledge to apply to your work.
There are no formal placements within the programme; however for the majority of modules there is experiential learning.
- Research Project
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacy Health Sciences View 33 other Masters in Pharmacy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must be a registered pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council of Great Britain or a country where there is a reciprocal agreement AND be working in a patient-facing practice setting.
- Applicants can be accepted directly to the dissertation stage of the programme if they meet the above criteria and hold a postgraduate diploma in Clinical Pharmacy from Cardiff University, completed within the last 5 years. The full MSc must be completed within 8 years from the commencement of the postgraduate diploma.
You must address the following points in your personal statement, this list is not exhaustive:Why have you selected this programme.
- What interests you about the programme.
- Any relevant experience related to the programme or module content.
- How you plan to use the qualification in your career.
- How you and your profession will benefit from your studies.
- Why you feel you should be given a place on the programme.
International7315 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7315 GBP per year during 36 months.
National3240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3240 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.