During the Science Communication program at the Australian National University, you’ll delve into topics including science in the media, science and public policy, ethics of science and cross-cultural science communication.
- Demonstrate mastery of the theoretical knowledge underpinning science communication practice
- Identify, apply and evaluate science communication strategies for diverse audiences, using a range of means, media, and technologies.
- Appraise and reflect upon the interaction of interests, contexts and people shaping science, including the social and ethical responsibilities of science and society in the modern world
- Develop appropriate qualitative and quantitative research tools and strategies to investigate, justify and interpret science communication theories, methods and conclusions.
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
The program is ideal for people interested in becoming professional science communicators in government, industry and the media, or in gaining skills in communicating their own science.
Many graduates have found careers as communications officers for scientific organisations such as CSIRO, science-oriented government departments, university departments and businesses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communicating Science with the Public
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 66 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Australia
- A Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0, with at least 8 courses in a cognate area.
International45864 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 45864 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National32256 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32256 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
- Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.