The Public Policy program at the Australian National University equips students with important skills for analysing and researching public policy, and communicating persuasively on policy relevant matters.
Through interactive and case-based teaching, students debate and reflect on the challenges of governing public policy in a dynamic, interconnected, global and increasingly digital world.
Designed and taught by world-class public policy scholars from the Crawford School of Public Policy at ANU, this Masters degree equips graduates for successful and productive careers in public policy.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of public policy and its key challenges and issues, in Australia and globally
- Understand processes and challenges of agenda-setting, formulation, implementation, management and evaluation of public policy
- Reflect critically on key theoretical debates in the field of public policy including its practical application across cultural, developmental and institutional contexts
- Demonstrate understanding of methods for policy research and analysis and identify and apply them with appropriate tools to public policy issues
- Analyse, synthesise and communicate complex, political and institutional policy problems from multiple perspectives
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Economic Way of Thinking
- Public Sector Management
- Foundations in Public Policy
- The Political and Institutional Architecture of Public Policy
- Economics for Government
- Policy Research
- Cases in Contemporary Public Policy
- Evidence and Analysis in Public Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 38 other Masters in Public Policy in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0
International46910 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46910 AUD per year during 24 months.
National32840 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32840 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
- Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.