In particular influential economic policymakers in prominent organs of national executive government (especially PM&C and Treasury) have found the MEc Pol’s focus on national policy issues very rewarding.
The degrees accommodation of a focus on regional economic policy (through coursework choices and research) is worth stressing.
Upon successful completion of the Economic Policy program at the Australian National University, students will have the skills and knowledge to:
- apply economics to policy formation and evaluation;
- understand the issues involved in the coordination of economic policies at national and international levels;
- access the academic literature on economic policy;
- undertake independent research in economic theory at the graduate level and provide economic intuition for the results;
- analyse the economic effects of policy changes and to communicate them as a professional economist in business or government
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microeconomic Principles for Economic Policy
- Macroeconomic Principles for Economic Policy
- Diploma Microeconomics
- Diploma Macroeconomics
- Mathematical Techniques in Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Environmental Economics & Policy View 25 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Australia
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
International39090 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39090 AUD per year during 24 months.
National23450 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23450 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
- Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.