Risk is all around us - in investment markets, on the roads, from our health and the climate. This degree will teach you how to apply your mathematical talent in understanding, measuring and managing the risks.
Graduates of the Actuarial Studies program at the Australian National University will apply mathematical, statistical, financial, economic and other skills to untangle the most complex and difficult problems facing the commercial world.
Upon successful completion, students will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Utilise concepts in financial mathematics, including the time value of money, annuities, bond and loan calculations
- Apply mathematical statistics, regression modelling and other statistical techniques to actuarial problems
- Describe and apply stochastic processes, survival models and their application in actuarial contexts
- Model and value cash flows dependent on death, survival, illness, retirement, and other contingencies
- Apply risk modelling techniques across a variety of financial contexts
Graduates from ANU have been rated as Australia's most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide.
The latest Global Employability University Ranking, published by the Times Higher Education, rated ANU as Australia's top university for getting a job for the fourth year in a row.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Investment and Asset Modelling
- Actuarial Control Cycle
- Principles of Mathematical Statistics
- Life Contingencies
- Actuarial Techniques
- Financial Mathematics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Marketing Financial Mathematics View 113 other Masters in Economics in Australia
- A Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0, with at least one course in the field of mathematics that must cover calculus and linear algebra.
- Or an ANU Graduate Certificate of Finance and Actuarial Statistics (Actuarial Statistics or Actuarial Studies specialisation) with a minimum GPA of 4.5/7.0, with at least one course in the field of mathematics from university studies that must cover calculus and linear algebra.
International44470 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44470 AUD per year during 24 months.
National26680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26680 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- ANU offers a wide range of scholarships to students to assist with the cost of their studies.
- Eligibility to apply for ANU scholarships varies depending on the specifics of the scholarship and can be categorised by the type of student you are. Specific scholarship application process information is included in the relevant scholarship listing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.