The Kinesiology programs at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, are designed to provide students with the theoretical foundations of the movement-based sciences. Through involvement in directed research projects, students obtain an in-depth understanding of laboratory equipment and research applications.
- Describe the biological foundations of motor control, explain information processing and learning theories, and evaluate current theories and research related to motor behavior.
- Explain biomechanical concepts related to human performance and evaluate current research related to biomechanics.
- Specify physiological responses to exercise for a variety of populations and conditions, and evaluate current exercise physiology research related to human performance.
- Explain sports medicine concepts and their relationship to human performance, and evaluate current research in sports medicine.
- Design and implement a research study.
- Interpret empirical data and communicate effectively in a professional meeting.
Graduates are prepared for continued education in pursuit of a doctoral degree or other Allied Health field (e.g., Physical Therapy) as well as work in a wide range of enterprises that include:
- Commercial fitness
- Health and wellness programs
- Public/private or non-profit health agencies
- Teaching/coaching at the community college level
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomechanics of Endurance Performance
- Biomechanical Applications in Kinesiology
- Biomechanics of Strength
- Research Techniques in Biomechanics
- Motor Skill Learning and Performance
- Human Motor Control
- Motor Learning Applications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 171 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
- A completed application for graduate studies.
- Official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended.
- Copies of all transcripts sent to the Graduate College.
- A letter of intent that addresses: Reason(s) for wishing to earn an advanced degree. Motivation for attending UNLV. Summary of educational goals. Summary of research activities and interests. Possible faculty mentors.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic record and potential for graduate study.
International21247 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21247 USD per year during 12 months.
National21247 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21247 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6197 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6197 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Paradise
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.