Edinburgh's expertise in core computer science is recognised internationally, and spans the range from computer architecture through theoretical computer science.
This Computer Science programme offered by The University of Edinburgh offers you the opportunity to obtain specialist knowledge in the design, analysis, implementation, and use of computer systems ranging from the components of a single processor to computer networks as vast as the Internet.
You can also pursue a more theoretical direction by choosing courses in areas such as:
- programming languages
- quantum informatics.
Through this programme you will develop specialist, advanced skills in the development, construction and management of advanced computer systems. You will gain practical experience and a thorough theoretical understanding of the field making you attractive to a wide range of employers or preparing you for further academic study.
- Advanced Databases Systems
- Blockchains and Distributed Ledgers
- Computational Complexity
- Computer Networking
- Distributed Systems
- Internet of Things: Systems, Security, and the Cloud
- Parallel Programming Languages and Systems
- Secure Programming
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences View 234 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United Kingdom
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in informatics, artificial intelligence, cognitive science, computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics or another quantitative discipline.
- Entry to this programme is competitive. A typical offer will normally require a UK first class honours degree.
- Competence in programming is essential. During your degree you must have completed a programming course in at least one of the following: C/C++, Java, Python, R, Matlab, Haskell, ML.
International35900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National16200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16200 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time fees 2 years / year
- Home: £8,100
- International/EU: £17,950
Part-time fees 3 years / year
- Home: £5,400
- International/EU: £11,970
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.