Geared toward college graduates and working professionals with undergraduate degrees outside of education, this graduate program prepares graduates to teach grades seven through 12 in their chosen content area such as English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies or World Languages.
The Secondary Education graduate program at Temple University offers paths to initial certification in a variety of subject areas and with several design approaches. All options involve earning the equivalent of an academic major in a content area as well as taking development and pedagogy courses that prepare students to effectively teach chosen content areas to adolescents.
You can complete this graduate degree on a part-time or a full-time basis with evening classes on Temple’s Main Campus in Philadelphia. However, you will be required to fulfill a student teaching requirement, which is a full-time commitment.
After successfully completing the minimum requirements for certification, students may choose to leave the program with only certification, or they may elect to continue in the program, completing the additional credit hours and requirements necessary to receive certification and earn a master’s degree.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Tech in Classrooms: TPCK
- Child and Adol Develop
- Models of Teaching
- Curriculum and Methods in Foreign Languages
- Innovations in Foreign Language Education
- Literacy and Differentiation in the Academic Areas, 7-12
- Inclusive School Practices
- Foundations of Language Teaching: Meeting the Needs of English Language Learners
- Research Methods and Induction Capstone
- Supervised Teaching
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3537 other Masters in Education in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1297 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1297 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1297 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1297 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State942 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 942 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.