- an area of specialization (including physical rehabilitation, behavioral/mental health, pediatrics, geriatrics and at-risk youth) with guidance from a faculty member;
- assessment of participants’ needs;
- documentation of participants’ progress;
- evaluation of evidence-based treatment outcomes; and
- administrative and managerial skills necessary for career advancement.
The Master of Science in Recreational Therapy at Temple University will prepare you as a recreational therapist with expertise in:
Recreational therapy is a profession within the field of healthcare that utilizes structured, evidence-based recreation and leisure activities to improve the lives of people with disabilities or health-related limitations. Students who do not have an academic background in recreational therapy may use the program to meet eligibility requirements for the national credentialing examination for recreational therapists. Learn more about the profession of recreational therapy.
Graduates find practice-based clinical or management roles as professional recreational therapists in a wide range of settings, including:
- rehabilitation facilities,
- community settings providing specialized services to individuals with disabilities,
- nursing homes, and
- assisted living facilities.
- Current and Emerging Issues in Public Health and Health Professions
- Graduate Research I in Recreational Therapy
- Recreational Therapy: Now and Then
- Evidence Based Practice in Recreational Therapy I
- Evidence Based Practice in Recreational Therapy II
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesKinesiology View 27 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: Write an essay of approximately 1,000 words
- Standardized Test Scores
- Clearances: The Recreational Therapy M.S. program requires students to complete clinical/field education experiences at various facilities.
- Resume: Current professional resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.