The Master of Science in Recreational Therapy at Temple University will prepare you as a recreational therapist with expertise in:
- an area of specialization (including physical rehabilitation, behavioral/mental health, pediatrics, geriatrics and at-risk youth) with guidance from a faculty member;
- assessment of participants’ needs;
- documentation of participants’ progress;
- evaluation of evidence-based treatment outcomes; and
- administrative and managerial skills necessary for career advancement.
Recreational therapy is a profession within the field of healthcare that utilizes structured, evidence-based recreation and leisure activities to improve the lives of people with disabilities or health-related limitations. Students who do not have an academic background in recreational therapy may use the program to meet eligibility requirements for the national credentialing examination for recreational therapists. Learn more about the profession of recreational therapy.
Graduates find practice-based clinical or management roles as professional recreational therapists in a wide range of settings, including:
- rehabilitation facilities,
- community settings providing specialized services to individuals with disabilities,
- nursing homes, and
- assisted living facilities.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Current and Emerging Issues in Public Health and Health Professions
- Graduate Research I in Recreational Therapy
- Recreational Therapy: Now and Then
- Evidence Based Practice in Recreational Therapy I
- Evidence Based Practice in Recreational Therapy II
- 48 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour View 48 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International975 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 975 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National975 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 975 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.