The Piano Pedagogy graduate-level degree program at Temple University prepares pianists for teaching careers, and it helps them develop the skills necessary for working with elementary to advanced piano students. Graduates of the program are prepared to teach piano in private studios or private music schools, as well as at the college and university level.
Housed within the Department of Keyboard Studies, the Piano Pedagogy MM program offers weekly private piano lessons, regular performance lessons and master classes taught by various faculty members and guest artists.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Piano Major Concentration in Pedagogy
- Piano Major Concentration in Pedagogy (Recital)
- Piano Pedagogy I
- Class Piano Pedagogy
- Class Piano Practice Teaching II
- Baroque Keyboard Performance Practice
- Classical Keyboard Performance Practice
- Research in Music
- 72 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 979 other Masters in Music in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1423 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1423 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
National1423 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1423 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
In-State1068 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1068 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.