The Piano Pedagogy graduate-level degree program at Temple University prepares pianists for teaching careers, and it helps them develop the skills necessary for working with elementary to advanced piano students. Graduates of the program are prepared to teach piano in private studios or private music schools, as well as at the college and university level.
Housed within the Department of Keyboard Studies, the Piano Pedagogy MM program offers weekly private piano lessons, regular performance lessons and master classes taught by various faculty members and guest artists.
The program prepares musicians for teaching careers, professional activity, or doctoral study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Piano Major Concentration in Pedagogy
- Piano Major Concentration in Pedagogy (Recital)
- Piano Pedagogy I
- Class Piano Pedagogy
- Class Piano Practice Teaching II
- Baroque Keyboard Performance Practice
- Classical Keyboard Performance Practice
- Research in Music
- 12 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 970 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Standardized Test Scores
- Statement of Goals: Include your special interests within the discipline and expectations for the program.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1458 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1458 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State1095 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.