The Music Therapy graduate program at Temple University guides you in understanding the impact of your approaches to therapy, your use of music and the therapeutic process.
Coursework emphasizes theory, research, ethics and supervision to provide in-depth, experiential knowledge of music therapy methodologies and applications. The curriculum focuses on didactic and experiential training in two areas of clinical study: Music Medicine and Music Psychotherapy.
- Music Medicine explores how music and the client-therapist relationship are used to facilitate mind-body communication and health.
- Music Psychotherapy investigates how music and the client-therapist relationship are used to promote emotional and interpersonal growth.
Electives are offered in hospice care, music psychotherapy, and both state licensure and PhD preparation.
Graduates typically find employment in a variety of areas, including community mental health agencies, day care facilities, educational institutions, general and psychiatric hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and private practice. Graduates may combine clinical work with research in the above areas of practice. The program also provides preparation for doctoral study in Music Therapy and related disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Qualitative Research in Music Therapy
- Quantitative Research in Music Therapy
- Theories of Music Psychotherapy
- Adv Mus Thrpy Clin Trng
- Multicultural Music Therapy
- 12 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour Music View 952 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: Include your special interests within the discipline and expectations for the program.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Audition: Applicants must submit a video-recorded audition consisting of two pieces in different styles in the applicant’s major performance medium (with accompanist when needed) and three standard or popular songs sung and played by the applicant on piano and/or guitar from American children, geriatric, adult, or adolescent repertoire.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International52488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
National52488 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State39420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.