The comprehensive Music Education graduate program at Temple University is structured to help students gain a deeper understanding of advanced educational and music learning theories, key music education principles and effective practices, and research methodologies.
Fully accredited by National Association of Schools of Music, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and the Pennsylvania Department of Education, this 30-credit degree provides opportunities for studies in music education practice and music education research.
Through a rigorous course of study, students are prepared to seek permanent teaching certification in Pennsylvania, advance existing teaching careers, or apply to music education doctoral programs. Coursework hones knowledge of:
- effective practices in music education throughout the lifespan;
- appropriate and effective measurement tools for use in music instructional programs and research;
- artistry in music and music teaching;
- contemporary theories in education and culturally responsive music teaching; and
- modern investigative techniques in music and music education.
You may take up to six years to earn your master’s degree, and you can enroll on a part-time or full-time basis.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Psych Music Lrn & Behav
- Measurement and Evaluation in Music
- Learning Theory in Music
- Research in Music Education
- Master's Final Project
- 72 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3531 other Masters in Education in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1423 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1423 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
National1423 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1423 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
In-State1068 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1068 USD per credit and a duration of 72 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.