The demand for specialists in the field of accounting has accelerated dramatically as financial regulations have evolved and will only continue to grow as corporations strive to become more transparent. Graduates of the program are prepared to leverage their education and skills to become accounting professionals in the future.
The Master of Science in Accounting (M.S.A.) degree provides the student with broad business knowledge and prepares them for cross-functional decision-making. The curriculum gives the student a deeper understanding of management problems and the business firm’s position in the economic structure of society.
The goal of the public accounting concentration is to supplement the M.S.A with a level of technical competence that enables the student to enter and advance in the profession of public accounting.
The program will prepare graduates to:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the competencies of the discipline
- Apply business knowledge and skills effectively in a variety of settings
- Demonstrate the ability to make strategic, integrative decisions
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional responsibility, ethical obligations, and social awareness
- Demonstrate competency in the global aspects of business
- Identify local, national and global current events and understand their impact on society and business
- Financial Reporting: Concepts and Applications
- Financial Reporting: Special
- Global Managerial Accounting
- Business Entities and Combinations
- Governments and Not-for-Profits
- Auditing: Concepts and Applications
- Individual Tax Planning
- Information Technology Auditing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesAccounting View 548 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- Statement of professional goals and resume
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate and professional schools attended.
- Two letters of recommendation, obtained from professional or academic references
International1280 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1280 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1280 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1280 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.