Students in the Information Science and Technology graduate program at Temple University will learn how to apply advanced software systems, database technologies and networks to modeling and simulating real-world data structures and processes. Coursework exposes you to:
- business process modelling and analysis,
- emerging technologies,
- fundamental system software and networking concepts,
- implementation and quality assurance, and
- project management.
Like all programs in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences at Temple, the Information Science and Technology MS emphasizes a combination of theory and practice. In addition, a blend of computing and leadership skills makes this program unique: Students develop strong communication skills as well as learning analysis and problem solving. The program has a strong interdisciplinary dimension, and students may take up to three graduate courses related to Information Science and Technology in other departments.
Graduates often find employment in computer networking, database management, information security, mobile app development, software engineering, software testing and quality assurance, and web development. Many become involved in the design and implementation of new applications software or the planning and evaluation of computer-based systems. Prospective employers include the government, universities and colleges, and non-profit agencies, as well as information technology organizations, computer centers, or computer manufacturers in industry.
- Database Design & Programming
- Data Structures and Objects
- Operating Systems and Architecture
- Comp Systems Security&Privacy
- Topics in Computer Science
- 12 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Business Information Systems View 623 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: In approximately 500 to 1,000 words, describe your specific interest in Temple's program, research goals, future career goals, and academic and research achievements.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International47010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1567 USD per credit during 12 months.
National47010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1567 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State36150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1205 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.