The Health Informatics master’s degree program at Temple University is available on-site or fully online. It is designed for health information management and technology professionals who want to advance in their careers, as well as healthcare professionals, data analysts, IT and allied health professionals who do not have previous health informatics experience.
Health informatics is the application of information technology to healthcare professions, with the aim of creating tools and procedures that facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The field involves the collection, management and use of information in order to facilitate care delivery and overall health.
As a student in this master’s degree program, you will learn to design, develop and implement health information technology in a variety of healthcare settings. You will also become proficient in the foundations of healthcare delivery, information science and computer science, and you will learn to lead the process of system creation and maintenance through immersive courses.
Graduates of the Health Informatics MS work in a variety of healthcare institutions and vendor settings in a wide range of positions, such as electronic health record system managers and health data analysts. More than half of our graduates have increased their salaries by 10% and/or accepted new positions of greater responsibility as a result of their degrees.
- Fundamentals of Health Informatics
- Health Information Systems: Design and Decision Making
- Database Administration for Health Informatics Professionals
- Privacy and Security: Protecting Healthcare Data
- Health Data: Standards and Interoperability
- Health Data Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Informatics View 95 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Statement of Goals: Demonstrate your professional writing ability as you describe your interest in obtaining the MSHI degree. Your statement should address the impact of informatics on health and healthcare as well as the effect a graduate degree can have on one's career.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International20970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1398 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1398 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State15300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.