The Health Informatics master’s degree program at Temple University is available on-site or fully online. It is designed for health information management and technology professionals who want to advance in their careers, as well as healthcare professionals, data analysts, IT and allied health professionals who do not have previous health informatics experience.
Health informatics is the application of information technology to healthcare professions, with the aim of creating tools and procedures that facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The field involves the collection, management and use of information in order to facilitate care delivery and overall health.
As a student in this master’s degree program, you will learn to design, develop and implement health information technology in a variety of healthcare settings. You will also become proficient in the foundations of healthcare delivery, information science and computer science, and you will learn to lead the process of system creation and maintenance through immersive courses.
Graduates of the Health Informatics MS work in a variety of healthcare institutions and vendor settings in a wide range of positions, such as electronic health record system managers and health data analysts. More than half of our graduates have increased their salaries by 10% and/or accepted new positions of greater responsibility as a result of their degrees.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Health Informatics
- Health Information Systems: Design and Decision Making
- Database Administration for Health Informatics Professionals
- Privacy and Security: Protecting Healthcare Data
- Health Data: Standards and Interoperability
- Health Data Analysis
- 60 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Informatics View 126 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test (GRE)
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1358 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
National1358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1358 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
In-State988 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 988 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.