With an emphasis on independent film and video, the Film and Media Arts master’s degree at Temple University will help you develop the skills necessary to become an incisive, socially conscious filmmaker and pursue a professional career in film, video or digital media.
Through exposure to both theory and practice, you’ll develop a fuller understanding of the history of film, the rise of video and interactive media, and research and screenwriting best practices. You’ll be given the option to choose from one of three tracks, including:
- media arts,
- narrative and documentary filmmaking, and
The FMA graduate program produces media makers who pursue careers in academia and in the communications and production industries. Many graduates choose to work independently, creating original narrative and documentary films and videos or new media projects.
- Cinematography Workshop
- Writing for Media I
- M.F.A. Colloquium
- Film History and Theory
- Media Arts Thry-Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 338 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Statement of Goals: In approximately 1,000 to 1,500 words, explain your personal interests, educational aims, and professional goals, along with relevant biographical information.
- Portfolio: A portfolio is submitted as evidence of creative potential. This usually includes a completed film or videotape accompanied by a cover sheet to explain the applicant's role in the project, including production date, running time, relevant credits, and the conditions and constraints under which it was produced.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International38907 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1441 USD per credit during 24 months.
National38907 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1441 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State29106 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1078 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.