Under the mentorship of an influential and diverse faculty and visiting artists on the cutting-edge of creative practice and critical inquiry, students find a compassionate, inclusive environment primed for experimentation, interdisciplinary collaboration, and independent study.
Students of the Fibers and Materials Studies program at Temple University have unlimited access to Tyler’s state-of-the-art equipment and the abundant resources of Temple, a large public research university, to drive their research-based concepts. Fibers and Materials Studies M.F.A. students also collaborate across the school through projects like Tyler’s Natural Dye Garden, as well as leverage Philadelphia’s landscape and vibrant DIY art scene to conduct community-based projects; study social and political issues; and examine the relationship between materials, processes, and concepts.
A Tyler Fibers and Materials Studies M.F.A. degree prepares graduates for a rigorous studio practice and develops their aptitude to teach at leading institutions. Graduates are prepared for careers as professional artists, craftspersons, designers, and educators.
- Graduate Seminar, Ceramics/Glass/Fibers
- Graduate Projects, Fibers
- Graduate Thesis Exhibition: Fibers
- Graduate Thesis Research: Fibers
- Graduate Professional Practices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Visual Arts View 823 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: Approximately 500 to 1,000 words include your specific interest in Tyler's program, your research goals, your future career goals, and your academic and artistic achievements.
- Portfolio: As a Master of Fine Arts applicant, you must submit a portfolio that consists of 20 images representative of the immediate direction of your work.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International45900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1530 USD per credit during 24 months.
National45900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1530 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State35010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1167 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.