On this Industrial and Industrial and Applied Mathematics programme from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) you will gain knowledge that prepares you to become an expert in tackling and solving problems in technology and industry from a mathematical perspective.
It is also possible to obtain the Education Master's in Science Education and Communication at the Eindhoven School of Education (ESoE) simultaneously with this master's program, which qualifies you to teach mathematics at pre-university level.
The high-tech industry involves large and small, and often specialized companies. However, it is not the only sector in which there is high demand for graduates of Industrial and Applied Mathematics – there are other industrial sectors and (governmental) institutions.
- Software developer
- Project manager in statistics
- Logistics consultant
- Analyst at a teaching hospital
- Consultant for complex logistics systems
- Teacher of mathematics in secondary education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Master's program in Industrial and Applied Mathematics covers 4 specializations:
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Discrete Mathematics and Applications
- Statistics, Probability, and Operations Research
- Data Science in Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We strongly advise that you apply as soon as possible and ensure that your complete application arrives at TU/e by mid April at the latest.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Applied Mathematics Natural Sciences View 8 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A bachelor in Mathematics obtained at a research university
Solid foundation in (preferably resulted in credits)
- set theory and algebra (sets, subsets, quotient sets, bijections, Cartesian products, equivalence relations, groups, rings, fields)
- mathematical proofs
- mathematical modeling
- probability theory
- mathematical analysis (real numbers, supremum, infimum, criteria and strict definitions of continuity, differentiability, convergence of sequences and power series, compactness on the real line)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2083 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2083 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Various scholarships are open to students wishing to follow a Master's program at Eindhoven University of Technology. A requirement of most scholarships is that you have been admitted to a Master's program before you may apply to the scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.